Homemade Spicy Blackpepper Beef with a 'lil Indonesian twist. Great recipe for Homemade Spicy Blackpepper Beef with a 'lil Indonesian twist. One of most favorite dish in our home. And some lil tips if you like capsicum, you can make your dish colorful by adding those veggies also.
Ingredients of Homemade Spicy Blackpepper Beef with a 'lil Indonesian twist. See recipes for Spicy Beef Stew, Spicy beef & bacon Empanadas!!🤤 too.. One of most favorite dish in our home. You can cook Homemade Spicy Blackpepper Beef with a 'lil Indonesian twist using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Spicy Blackpepper Beef with a 'lil Indonesian twist
- It’s 200 gr of sliced beef.
- It’s 2 tbs of blackpepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of whitepepper powder.
- You need 3 of birds eye chili (sliced).
- Prepare 1 of sweet onion (sliced).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- It’s 2 tsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dark sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of cornstarch.
Here is how you achieve that. Nasi kuning is a delicious fragrant rice dish from Indonesia. Basmati rice is cooked in coconut milk and flavoured with lemongrass and turmeric, giving it a gorgeous golden yellow colour. If you love the taste and texture of caramelized onion, stir-fry it a little long so the beef (steak) soaks up all the flavors.
Homemade Spicy Blackpepper Beef with a 'lil Indonesian twist step by step
- Heat a cup of cooking oil in a wok over low heat.
- Stir fry garlic for about 1 min.
- Add in onion and stir fry til the ingredients light browned.
- Add in the beef stir fry for about 5 mins.
- Add in light soy sauce and oyster sauce, followed by blackpepper and white pepper..
- Add in dark sauce and put on the lid cover to tender the beef. Leave it for another 15 mins..
- After the beef is well browned and tendered, add in the extra birds eye chili and the cornstarch, stir fry it for 1 min then it's ready to serve..
- Happy trying ^•^.
Be generous with the black pepper like I do, as it completes the flavor of this popular beef stir-fry and delivers the ultimate black pepper beef that everyone loves. What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe? Apart from the obvious side-dishes like rice and sambals, I like to serve my rendang with a side of acar-acar (atjar-atjar in the old spelling in Indonesia): coursely-grated white cabbage, sliced carrots, sliced fresh red chilis (only a few), white vinegar, water, sugar, salt and a few peppercorns. Black Pepper: Coarsely ground black pepper provides a subtle earthiness and woody flavor. Onion Powder: While onion powder doesn't taste exactly like fresh onions, it does provide a good amount of savory flavor.