Meatball and Mushroom Soup. This creamy, super-thick soup is hearty with meatballs, mushrooms, barley, macaroni and rice. With dinner rolls or breadsticks, it's a simple and satisfying meal for my husband and me on a rainy day. Leftovers easily reheat for a fast, filling lunch or dinner. -JoAnn Abbott, Kerhonkson, New York Pour cream of mushroom soup into a bowl.
Cook a few minutes more until macaroni and rice are done. Shape into meatballs ½ inch in diameter; add to pot with vegetables. Pour in broth and bring to a gentle boil. You can cook Meatball and Mushroom Soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatball and Mushroom Soup
- Prepare 4 ounces of baby portobello mushrooms whole.
- Prepare 6 ounces of beef meatballs.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sliced leeks.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sliced salad olives with pimientos.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of brine liquid of olives.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sliced julienned water chestnuts.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of soya sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes for garnish.
- You need 1 quart of beef broth.
Add the mushrooms and sliced onion. Add the stock; bring to a boil. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the shaved Parmesan. I like to have this all mixed before it goes in the casserole dish.
Meatball and Mushroom Soup instructions
- Heat the oil in a pot. Separate the stems from the caps of the mushrooms. Slice the leeks add to the oil and sauté. Add in the meatballs, all the mushrooms pieces, olives and juices. Slice the water chestnuts and add..
- Sauté for 15 minutes till leeks are soft. Add the broth bring to a boil and simmer 12 minutes, add the soya sauce, let rest 10 minutes. Serve with parsley on top. I hope you enjoy!!!.
The depth and richness of mushroom soup takes meatballs to the next level that can't be replicated by other ingredients. Whenever possible, I make my own cream of mushroom soup, but a can of store-bought soup will do the trick. A cup of the soup is enough for this recipe but you can easily add another half a cup if you like. Add macaroni and cook until pasta is done. Top with parmesan cheese to serve.