Thai Carrot Soup.
You can have Thai Carrot Soup using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Carrot Soup
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 lb of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- It’s of Good pinch each of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- You need 1/3 cup of creamy natural peanut butter.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of chili garlic sauce.
- You need leaves of Fresh basil.
Thai Carrot Soup step by step
- Heat a large pan over medium heat..
- Dice onion and garlic. Add to pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes..
- Season with a good pinch each of salt and pepper, then add vegetable stock and water and stir..
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until veggies are tender..
- Let cool slightly, then using an immersion blender, blend in the pan until smooth and creamy..
- Add peanut butter and chili garlic sauce to the pan and blend to combine..
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. For a touch of added sweetness, add a tablespoon or so of brown sugar, maple syrup or honey. Add more chili garlic sauce for more heat..
- Serve immediately with fresh basil. A drizzle of coconut milk will add a creamy, sweet touch. Serve with sriracha for extra heat..