Perkedel. Perkedel kentang (Indonesian potato fritters) is a ubiquitous everyday side dish in Indonesian, and is popular for lunch, dinner, or even as snacks! The humble perkedel is tasty and filling, and you will spot these everywhere in Indonesia, from street hawkers, tiny Mom-and-Pop family restaurants, all the way to fancy formal banquets. Perkedel, bergedel, pegedil or begedil is Indonesian fried patties, made of ground potatoes, minced meat, peeled and ground corn or tofu, or minced fish.
It is a tasty and filling potato and meat fritter that you can find everywhere in those countries, from street hawkers, tiny mom-and-pop family restaurants, all the way to fancy formal banquets. Perkedel, bergedel or begedil are originally Indonesian fried patties, made of fried then. The ingredients for both versions are pretty similar except Perkedel includes shallot, garlic and candlenut. You can have Perkedel using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Perkedel
- You need 1 kg of potato.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs (separate the yolk and egg white).
- It’s 1 liter of vegetable oil (for frying).
- It’s of Seasoning.
- It’s 6 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 medium of onion.
- It’s 1 pinch of paper n salt (to taste).
In my opinion, both are equally yummy. Tip: Feel free to double the ingredients below. I like to fry up a large batch and store them in the freezer. I don't know why they named it like that.
- clean the potatoes n boil until they are fork tender n drain.
- peel the boiled potatoes then quartered.
- heat the frying pan with the oil then fried the potatoes until golden brown n crisp.
- drain, and gently mash all of the potatoes with seasoning (all the seasoning was being processed with the food processor until smooth and well blended).
- add the egg yolk to the potatoes mixture n shape in thick coin or as ur liking.
- heat the oil and make sure it just hot enough to fry but not to burn ur perkedel.. :).
- coat the coin potato mixture with the egg white then fried until it goes beautifully golden brown.
- remove it from the oil then serve.
- perkedel can be paired with the bbq, rice, vegetables or anything based on ur liking.
- enjoy! :D.
Otherwise, this is an excellent meal, either for a side dish or an appetizer. Also it's a perfect companion for yellow rice if you have some festive occasions in your house like a birthday or baby shower party. Be the first to review this recipe. There are many kind of methods to cook Perkedel (Indonesian mini meat patties), but this is the best I found. If you dislike the taste of fried shallot please reduce the amount of shallots you use in the cooking.