Kale Curry – Indonesian curry *Vegan friendly. Indonesian Mushroom, Kale and Peanut Butter Curry Recipe (Vegan) One of the massive perks of being a food blogger is that you go to an event like the BBC Good Food show and come back with a trolley load of goodies! Three spice chickpeas and kale coconut curry. How many spices do you need to prepare a decent curry?
Pour the tomato sauce and throw in the kale. Is Eating Spaghetti Squash Good For You? As usual, omit the chilli if you don't like spicy. You can cook Kale Curry – Indonesian curry *Vegan friendly using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kale Curry – Indonesian curry *Vegan friendly
- You need 200 gr of Kale (I dont use the stem) – cut small.
- Prepare 2,5 of shallot (UK type which is quite big) – peeled and cut.
- It’s 3 of red chillies (optional).
- Prepare 5 of Bird chillies (optional).
- Prepare 4 of garlic – cut.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2-3 of candlenuts (optional) – grill and cut.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ginger.
- It’s 1 of lemongrass – used the white bit and slice.
- You need of oil to stir fry.
- You need 1 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of kaffir limes (optional) – dont use the stem, it can be bitter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mince galangal.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar (lessen if you prefered).
- It’s 1 tsp of knorr chicken stock.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 80 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 400 ml of water.
This will taste nicer the day after. As usual, omit the chilli if you don't like spicy. This will taste nicer the day after. This is a GREAT curry to add in extra veggies – green beans, sugarsnap peas/mangetout (snow peas), courgette (zucchini), kale, mushrooms and baby corn all make fantastic additions!.
Kale Curry – Indonesian curry *Vegan friendly instructions
- In a pan, boil water, add a pinch of salt (this is not in above list) and boil the kale. this should take about 20-25 minutes. try it and make sure it's a. bit soft. Drain and squeeze to make sure not water left. This will make about 1 palm of a hand. Set aside..
- Blends: shallots, garlic, galangal, ginger, chillies, bird chillies, lemongrass, till smooth..
- In a pan, heat some oil and fry the blends ingredients in medium to low heat. put the kaffir leaves, bay leaves and fry till it change it's colour (darken). This will take about 15-20 minutes..
- Add the water, then add the coconut milk. Add salt, white pepper, knorr and sugar. Taste it..
- Add the kale (and the salted fish if you used). cook for about 25 minutes. taste and add what neccesary. and it's done :).
The green beans, courgette and mushrooms can all be added in at the same time as the coconut milk.; The sugarsnap peas/mangetout, kale and chopped baby corn just need to be added in for. Coconut milk lends velvety richness, while a mix of peanut butter and spices give the sauce rich flavor. Eggplant, Chickpea and Kale Curry – You will love this warming healthy vegan curry. It has a slightly thick nutty texture and can be made as spicy or mild as you like, making it easy to adapt to have as a spicy dish for adults or to serve to the whole family. This was very quick and so easy to make, and tasted very authentic.