Sop Merah (Indonesian minestrone – with meats). Sop Merah (Indonesian minestrone – with meats) Great recipe for Sop Merah (Indonesian minestrone – with meats). Sop Merah simply means red soup, just because the soup looks red due to the amount of tomatoes used in this dish. This recipe is my mum's recipe. #indonesianfood #soup #.
This recipe is my mum's recipe. #indonesianfood #soup #. this makes a superb soup! i chopped up a heavy half pound of stew meat used a sprinkle of ground cayenne pepper instead of red pepper flakes added a cup of dark red kidney beans & substituted the spaghetti with medium shells (don't stir in the pasta until you're ready to serve). the soup is very thick so i followed the suggestion of doubling the stock. one more note: i deliberately made this . Sop Merah (or in English called Red Soup) name come from its red color from tomato, which is rather similar with Italian Minestrone. The tomato soup is very delicious for me, with addition of. You can cook Sop Merah (Indonesian minestrone – with meats) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sop Merah (Indonesian minestrone – with meats)
- It’s 400 g of minced chicken or chicken fillet (cut to smaller pieces).
- Prepare 1 can (400 g) of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of vienna or kransky or frankfurter sausages (sliced thinly).
- Prepare 1 of small can (200g) button mushrooms (drained and cut to half).
- It’s 2 cups of carrot and peas (can add some corn kernels too).
- It’s 1 of small onion (diced) or 1/2 if its big.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Parsley or 2 stalks of cellery (diced).
- You need of Salt (to your liking).
- Prepare of Pepper (to your liking).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 of chicken stock cubes.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
Generally Indonesian soups and stews are grouped into four major groups with numbers of variants in between. Soto refer to variety of Indonesian traditionally spiced meat soups, either in clear broth or in rich coconut milk-base soup, example includes soto ayam.; Sayur refer to traditional vegetables stews, such as sayur asem and sayur lodeh.; Sop or sup usually refer to soups derived from. Minestrone means 'big soup' in Italian, and this soup is sure to satisfy even the biggest of appetites. Served with a crisp loaf of bread, it's a meal in itself!
Sop Merah (Indonesian minestrone – with meats) step by step
- Prepare the stock by mixing water, chicken cubes stock and can of crushed tomatoes..
- If using chicken minced like me, seasons with some salt and pepper and mixed well before scoop them into small meatballs. I am using 1tsp salt and 1/4 pepper..
- Once the stock is boiling, add everything to the pan. Add in sugar, seasson with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust to your liking. Simmer until everything is cooked..
- Your sop merah is now done! Served with some rice or croutons. Or you can add potatoes to the soup..
In Indonesia the soup is prepared in rich savoury broth with spices and ingredients similar to other Indonesian favourite, sop buntut (oxtail soup). Common sop kambing uses goat meat, also its ribs; however, in Indonesia there is a more specific sop kambing called sop kepala kambing which uses offals of goat's head, which includes its tongue. Minestrone (/ ˌ m ɪ n ɪ s ˈ t r oʊ n i /; Italian: [mineˈstroːne]) is a thick soup of Italian origin made with vegetables, often with the addition of pasta or rice, sometimes both. Common ingredients include beans, onions, celery, carrots, stock, and tomatoes. There is no set recipe for minestrone, since it can be usually made out of whatever vegetables are at one's disposal.