Mie Ayam Jamur (Indonesian ramen). Great recipe for Mie Ayam Jamur (Indonesian ramen). This dish is just one of those hawkers food back in Indonesia and it simply means noodle with chicken and mushroom. Mie = noodle; Ayam = chicken; Jamur = mushroom I used to eat this ramen after school, whilst waiting for my extracurricular.
For Mie Ayam, the chicken is cooked by boiling it in water. Bakmi Ayam Jamur is another name for Mie Ayam Jamur. It's another typical of Indonesian Chinese cuisine or we call it "Peranakan". You can cook Mie Ayam Jamur (Indonesian ramen) using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mie Ayam Jamur (Indonesian ramen)
- Prepare 150 g of button or straw mushrooms (sliced thinly).
- You need 400 g of chicken filet (diced) can be replaced with minced chicken.
- You need 3-4 of spring onion (sliced thinly), reserve some of the green part.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 bunch of asian green, chopped lengthwise (I am using bok choy).
- You need of Thin egg noodle.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of kecap manis (sweet soy).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need of Soup broth.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- It’s 2 of chicken stock cubes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of white pepper (or less).
- It’s of Salt (to taste).
- It’s 1-2 pinch of sugar.
- You need of green onion (the green part only).
- You need 1 tbsp of the reserved juice from the chicken and mushroom gravy.
- Prepare of Seasonings (for serving).
- It’s 1/3 tsp of each of fish sauce and sesame oil (more or less).
- You need of white pepper (to your liking, maybe 2 shakes).
According to wikipedia, Indonesian-Chinese Food is characterized by the combination of the Chinese and the local Indonesian style. Adding chili, santan (coconut milk) and other spices, created a new Indonesian-Chinese Food. The Indonesian-Chinese […] "Mie Ayam Jamur" (Indonesian Chicken Mushroom Noodle) is a boiled yellow wheat noodles mixed in a bowl with sesame oil, soy sauce, pepper and topped with seasoned chicken and mushroom mixture dish. It was created by the Chinese communities in Indonesia and Singapore. 😋 IG: @jenscookingdiary @jens.
Mie Ayam Jamur (Indonesian ramen) instructions
- It will be easier if you have everything chopped and ready to go. Chicken need to be cut really small, or you can swap it with minced chicken – I am using chicken tight fillet. (The red onion in this pic, was me not wanting to waste some leftover – is not mandatory).
- Heat oil on the wok, saute garlic and white part of the spring onion until aromatics and look golden brown..
- Add in the chicken pieces and brown the chicken. Add in oyster sauce, fish sauce, white pepper and kecap manis, mix well until chickens look cook..
- Add in mushrooms and mix well, mushroom will sweat and your chicken & mushroom gravy will started to look a bit wet. Stir for another 4-5 mins, or until the juice is thicken. Reserved 1 tbsp of the chicken and mushroom gravy. Turn off the heat and set aside. You can taste the food, and adjust (add a bit of water if stock is too salty).
- Prepare the soup broth by adding all broth ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to boil and set aside. You can cook the veggies stalk as well with the broth..
- Blanch the chopped asian veggies (leafy part), rinse with cold water once its done and set aside. (Or you can cook it with your noodle like me)..
- Prepare/cook the egg noodle, by following the instruction. You might want to rinse the egg noodle under cold water for a bit after cooking, to remove the starch. I like to use the fresh thin egg noodle for this one..
- You need to assemble the food now by putting the seasoning (for serving) in each serving bowl. Then add in cooked noodle to the bowl and mix well (just like when you were making instant noodle)..
- Arrange the chicken and mushroom gravy and asian green in the bowl, serve with the soup broth in a smaller bowl. Your Indonesian Ramen is now ready. I like to put some of the broth to my noodle bowl and mix everything before eating it..
- I would suggest to only cook enough noodle for consumption. You can freeze the remaining chicken and mushroom gravy if needed, but the noodle is best cooked to order..
Mie ayam, mi ayam or bakmi ayam (Indonesian for 'chicken bakmi', literally chicken noodles) is a common Indonesian dish of seasoned yellow wheat noodles topped with diced chicken meat (). It especially common in Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia, and can trace its origin to Chinese cuisine. In Indonesia, the dish is recognized as a popular Chinese Indonesian dish, served from simple travelling. Ramen (/ ˈ r ɑː m ə n /) (拉麺, ラーメン, rāmen, Japanese pronunciation: [ɾaꜜːmeɴ]) (literally: "pulled noodles") is a Japanese noodle soup. It consists of Chinese wheat noodles served in a meat or (occasionally) fish-based broth, often flavored with soy sauce or miso, and uses toppings such as sliced pork (叉焼, chāshū), nori (dried seaweed), menma, and scallions.