Jack O Lantern Mushroom Virginia. It looks like the chanterelle and emits light. It looks very similar to some chanterelle mushrooms, but is poisonous (usually not fatal).
While eating this mushroom will not kill you, it may cause cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea. These Jack OLantern Mushrooms pop up every autumn on my Dads property in Blue Ridge Mountains of NC. Select from premium Jack O Lantern Mushroom of the highest quality. the jack lantern is when you cut the pumpkin and take all the things in it and put the light in it that called jack o lantern.
Jack-O-Lantern Mushroom Pouch. by Regina Weiss.
The jack o'lantern mushroom is an orange- to yellow gilled mushroom.
Unlike the chanterelle, the jack o'lantern mushroom is very poisonous. Omphalotus olearius, commonly known as the jack-o'-lantern mushroom, is a poisonous orange gilled mushroom that to an untrained eye appears similar to some chanterelles. Peek beneath the Jack-o'-lantern mushroom to see its characteristic gill arrangement.