Rendang Mutton. Rendang is a rich and tender coconut beef stew which is explosively flavorful and beef rendang is the most popular rendang. Called "rendang daging" in local language, it's arguably the most famous beef recipe in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore. Origins of Rendang Rendang is an Indonesian spicy meat dish originating from the Minangkabau region in West Sumatra, Indonesia.
Rendang Recipe (For Lamb, Mutton or Beef) The beauty of rendang is in harmonising the bounty of nature into a single mouthful. Indonesia recipe Malay and Indonesian Share. First comes the sound of a wooden spoon clanging lightly against the sides of the pot.. You can have Rendang Mutton using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rendang Mutton
- It’s 500 gm of Mutton Cube (preferred meat).
- You need 2 of potatoes (in pieces).
- It’s of Red Onion (sliced).
- It’s 50 ml of coconut cream milk.
- Prepare 300 ml of water.
- It’s 2 of tpbs oil.
- It’s of Rendang sauce (pre-pack).
A tip on making Beef Rendang is to use a mortar and pestle to grind the spices, if you could find one. It takes longer to use mortar & pestle, but you can taste the difference when you use a food processor. Also, palm sugar is preferred to white sugar. Otherwise, the recipe is quite authentic..
Rendang Mutton instructions
- Wash mutton with hot water for 2 time and rise off (put aside).
- Heat oil to pot, add onion and rendang sauce (stir fry 2 min) add in potatoes and mutton and (stir fry 2min) add in water.
- Cover with lid for 45min(ready to served) in between stir gently or add in water bit by bit to avoid too dry (served with rice, roti prata.).
Beef Rendang is one of our favourite curry recipes. Fragrant and rich, Rendang is made using beef and coconut to give it a fantastic sweet, salty and umami flavour. Put the coconut milk and water in a wok or large pan over medium to high flame and bring to a boil. Add the garlic, shallot, galangal, turmeric, chile, nutmeg, cardamom, coriander, cumin, ginger. Beef rendang is carefully stirred, simmered and cooked for three to four hours until the coconut milk has totally evaporated and the meat has absorbed the flavor of the herbs and spices.