Beef Rendang. Rendang is a rich and tender coconut beef stew which is explosively flavorful and beef rendang is the most popular rendang. Called "rendang daging" in local language, it's arguably the most famous beef recipe in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore. Origins of Rendang A tip on making Beef Rendang is to use a mortar and pestle to grind the spices, if you could find one.
Otherwise, the recipe is quite authentic.. Beef Rendang is a Malaysian curry and is considered by many to be the king of all curries! To say it's extravagantly delicious is an understatement. You can cook Beef Rendang using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Rendang
- It’s 1 kg of beef (chuck beef).
- It’s 3 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 3 of kaffir lime leaf.
- Prepare 1 inch of galangal (bruised).
- It’s 2 stalks of lemongrass (bruised).
- Prepare 2 L of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of salt.
- You need of Blended Spices.
- You need 5 of shallot.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 5 of cayenne pepper (you could add or reduce the amount).
- It’s 4 of candlenut.
- You need 2 inch of turmeric.
- You need 1.5 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of coriander powder.
There are very few curries in this world with such amazingly complex flavours. Originally from Indonesia though now more well known as a Malaysia curry, the sauce is made with aromatic spices like cinnamon, cardamom and. Rendang is a traditional Indonesian dish, but is also part of Malayasian cuisine, too. Rendang is meat (usually beef) that has been slowly cooked and braised in a spice paste mixture and coconut.
Beef Rendang step by step
- Prepare all ingredients. Cut beef into 4x4x4cm cubes. Toss the blended spice ingredients to blender. Give small amount of water to blender..
- Heat the wok with medium fire. Add coconut milk, spice mixture, bay leaf, kaffir lime leaf, galangal, lemongrass and salt. Mix it well. Put beef chunks after the sauce is boiled..
- Slow cook beef with low heat. Simmer it for approximately 4 hours until coconut milk turn into oil and the beef becomes dark brown and tender. Keep stir the beef every 10 minutes while simmering it, so it won't burnt..
- Some say the more you reheat the beef on the next day, the more tasty it gets..
- Beef Rendang is ready to serve with rice ✨.
Beef rendang is carefully stirred, simmered and cooked for three to four hours until the coconut milk has totally evaporated and the meat has absorbed the flavor of the herbs and spices. Dried rendang can be stored at room temperature for three to four weeks. It can even last up to six months if frozen. Beef Rendang is a flavorful West Sumatran dry curry that's made with beef, that's cooked together with a spice paste and coconut milk until fork-tender. It's then fried together with the remaining braising liquid until the liquid caramelizes around the beef, coating it with an insane amount of flavor.