Gado-Gado (Healthy Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce). That Gado Gado peanut sauce is a miracle worker! A Bali food favourite, it's healthy and endlessly versatile. Use ANY vegetables – raw or cooked!
Gado gado is a hearty cooked vegetable salad from Indonesia. The delicious peanut sauce has a small amount of pungent belacan (fermened and dried shrimp paste) that adds a complex flavour, but if. Gado-Gado – Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce. You can have Gado-Gado (Healthy Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gado-Gado (Healthy Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce)
- You need Half of bunch of kangkung (you can replace with spinach or).
- Prepare of sprouts.
- Prepare of Cabbage.
- You need of Cucumber.
- You need 2 blocks of tofu.
- You need of Lime juice.
- You need 50 g of palm sugar.
- It’s 100 g of peanuts.
- It’s 3 of chillies.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Egg(s).
- Prepare of Water.
Gado-gado is my favorite Indonesian salad. This Sundanese dish is a national favorite, and it consists of lightly boiled and blanched vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, fried tofu and/or tempeh cubes, and lontong (steamed rice cakes) served with spicy peanut sauce. Our favorite thing about the gado gado was the sauce whose intense zing is quite unparalleled with the exception of Indonesian Satay sauce, which basically uses the same ingredients. It grounded the otherwise very light and healthy dish in a blanket of flavor.
Gado-Gado (Healthy Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce) instructions
- Fry the peanuts untill it gets brownish.
- While frying your peanuts. Boil all your vegetables along with the egg(s). Watch it out, don't let it overcooked :D.
- After you're done with the peanuts. Fry your tofu..
- Then. The peanut sauce… You can actually grind it for tastier taste. But I was kinda lazy that I chose to blend it using blender hehe. So put together the fried peanuts, palm sugar, chillies, pinch of salt and water. And blend it untill it is mixed. For the texture, keep it not too thick nor watery. So my advice is to pour the water little by little..
- Last thing is to put them together in one plate. Mix the peanut sauce with the boiled veggies and add little more taste with the lime juice..
Gado Gado (literally meaning 'mix mix' in Indonesian) translates to BIG BOWL OF YUM in our books. It's got that healthy mix of raw and blanched veggies alongside super satisfying, protein-packed tofu and tempeh, all smothered in spicy peanut deliciousness. Our wandering, eating adventures turned up seemingly endless varieties of this popular salad dish. This Indonesian salad is true to its name, gado-gado, meaning "potpourri." Assorted vegetables, tofu, eggs, and shrimp chips are dressed in peanut sauce. It's typically made with vegetables, protein (such as egg, tempeh, and/or tofu), a nutty sauce, and sometimes rice or rice crackers.