Turmeric Grilled Chicken. Combine chicken and rest of ingredients in a large bowl. Then you are going to love this Turmeric Grilled Chicken, a dish with Indonesian origin so juicy and succulent that it will keep you coming back for more. This recipe involves, quite simply, bathing the meat with a simple marinate of turmeric, coriander, garlic and oil, grilling and mixing together the dipping sauce!
Remove the pieces and brush the tops with the melted butter. Pour marinade over top of chicken until completely coated and seal. Marinate chicken in the fridge for at least an hour, but best overnight. You can cook Turmeric Grilled Chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turmeric Grilled Chicken
- You need 1/2 small of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Shallot.
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger.
- It’s 1 stick of Lemon grass.
- Prepare of Grounded spice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of galangal.
- You need 100 ml of Water.
- You need 5 of pieces lemon leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 100 ml of Coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of Salt, sugar and black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- Prepare 8 slice of Chicken thigh.
Pre-heat grill on medium-high heat, making sure to lightly spray with oil to avoid sticking. This Thai chicken is spectacular and possibly one of the easiest real South East Asian marinades. Hailing from the south of Thailand, it's ridiculously simple, made with garlic, fish sauce, oyster sauce, cilantro/coriander, turmeric powder and brown sugar. There are two very popular types of Thai chicken.
Turmeric Grilled Chicken step by step
- Stir the grounded spice, galangal and water for 4-5 minutes..
- Add the rest ingredients except the chicken. Stir continuously and taste it. Squeeze a little bit lemon or lime to have a nice yellow color..
- Add the chicken and cook for 5-8 minutes. In the mean time preheat the oven 180°F Celsius..
- Take out the chicken, put it on the baking tray with some sauce. Bake it 20 minutes at 180°F and 10 minutes at 150°F (turn the chicken every 10 minutes). You can also grill the chicken and put some sauce on it..
- Thicken the rest sauce. Put it on medium heat for 5-10 minutes..
For a simple summer meal, I typically serve this grilled chicken on a bed of organic baby spinach along with a side of cauliflower rice or quinoa. The grilled ginger turmeric chicken is also delicious when served with a creamy cilantro lime sauce or guacamole. Add the garlic, honey, oyster sauce, turmeric powder, cayenne pepper and salt to the chicken, stir to combine well. Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) on medium heat and add the oil. Remove chicken from marinade; discard any marinade remaining in bag.