Indonesian Fried Rice. Buy Indonesian Nasi Goreng Mix Instant Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) A traditional Indonesian fried rice recipe which is often served with a fried egg for a protein boost to make it a meal, but I usually serve it as a side dish. The magic ingredient in this is kecap manis, a sweet soy sauce which is available in large supermarkets and of course in Asian stores. Feel free to swap out the chicken for other proteins!
Reviews: Most Helpful Most Helpful Most Positive Least Positive Newest. Nasi Goreng is a delicious spicy stir-fried rice. It's more flavourful than regular fried rice with the addition of shrimp paste, fish sauce, tamarind and a few other goodies. You can cook Indonesian Fried Rice using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Fried Rice
- You need 1-2 of plates of cooked white rice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peel and chop.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 4 of meatballs OR 2 sausages, slice.
- Prepare of Salt or light soy sauce.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Chilli flakes.
Topped with a runny fried egg (those crispy edges are a must!), this classic Asian meal makes a great family dinner. When you're in the mood for street food at home, this is the one to go for. [Photograph: Vicky Wasik] Nasi goreng is essentially Indonesia's take on fried rice. In addition to kecap manis, the country's ubiquitous sweet soy sauce, terasi (Indonesian shrimp paste) is what sets nasi goreng apart from other fried-rice variations you'll see in other countries. Terasi is an umami bomb that pervades both your kitchen and your senses.
Indonesian Fried Rice instructions
- Melt the butter on a medium pan. Put the garlic and cook until a little browned..
- Then, put the sliced meatballs or sausages, lightly fry it..
- Next, pour the egg in and cook it as same as cooking an omelette..
- After that, put in the rice and turn off the stove for a while. Give some salt/soy sauce, pepper, and chilli flakes as you like..
- Turn on the stove again, and mix well all ingredients..
- Serve the fried rice warm..
If you can't find it easily, feel free. This dish can be enjoyed by itself or as the basis of a larger meal, for example with a rijsttafel. Nasi Goreng Chicken, shrimp, and fried rice combine in this traditional version of the classic Indonesian one-dish meal, made intense and spicy with fish sauce and plenty of chiles. To Uncle Roger's surprise, Gordon Ramsay did all of the cooking steps correctly to cook his Indonesian egg fried rice. He was impressed that the famous chef had used leftover rice, local ingredients such as galangal and a wok to cook.